Cleaning Mabel Frances Farmhouse


I found this delightful book by Toni Hammersley at Tractor Supply. 

Normally, I shop for books there, but order on Amazon to save money. This time, I couldn't let the book out of my hands. I kept opening it, reading a page, and then instead of putting it back on the shelf, I carried it with me. At the end of my shopping trip, my soul demanded this book.

A clean house. 

Sigh! Who doesn't desire it? I'm amazed at how I can spend hours cleaning my own house and then I can walk into someone's else's place--and suddenly my house seems dingy in comparison. As I'm reading this book, I'm realizing I've never truly learned how to clean my house. I know how to tidy, declutter, wipe stuff down-- but this book is unlocking the mystery of how to make it sparkle. 

So just know that I'm at the beginning of the book (Step 13 of 255). Already I have created a new cleaning caddy--I'm purging store-bought cleaners in lieu of making my own natural cleaners. Thus far, I have discovered almond castile soap.


The smell is pure heaven! (Can I just dump it on everything in my house and then roll in it?) 

I have started the official cleaning! It begins with the windows. I had no idea just how badly my windows needed to be cleaned until I started. To give you an idea of the difference:


BEFORE



AFTER


Here's another window that is so much better clean (without the before)


I am so excited to continue my cleaning journey with Ms. Hammersley!


Comments

Popular Posts