Murphy's Law

Last night, I had quite a shock. I came home from work late. Made sure my chickens were secure and went in my house through my mudroom. Then, I put my dogs on leashes to let them go 'potty'. The first thing I noticed was that my blue chairs were in my yard. 

Then I noticed my glass lantern, with the bird's nests inside, looked like it'd been strewn across my porch. And then I noticed I was missing an entire column. The porch smelled like motor oil. I noticed broken bits of glass and plastic. 

A car had crashed into my porch while I was at work!



My Amish neighbors stopped by and told me where I could find our neighbor who took down the police information and to tell me what happened. One of their cousins had witnessed it. Their cousin said that the car was on a trajectory to smash into the house, but it hit something that spun it around and it primarily clipped the house and took out the porch column. 

If you can imagine it, last night when I came home from work, I had no idea the police had been there. The accident was on file. All I knew was that my porch was missing a column, my old boxwoods were uprooted and my furniture was not where it belonged. 

I felt peace. 

Even then, I saw what could have been. I saw God's hand of protection over my house. I was in amazement at the horrible transformation, but I've seen horrible things turn into something so much better, so I took fortitude. This was a growing opportunity. 

I did also feel single. But I battled that feeling. I wasn't really alone. All my people were sleeping. I was just going to have to handle this--like any other things--on my own, trusting God. My dogs were okay. My chickens were good. My house was standing. My new pew was untouched (yes, I was actually really thankful for that. Because it would have been so much sadder if something I've wanted to have for years and years was destroyed within owning for a week.) It does look like the car touched it, though. It was closer to the house than I had it. 

I thought it ironic that I had just showed off my new porch online--right before a car smashed into it. So, my before and after post should be more of a 

Before and After, After post. 

Before:


After: 




After After 




Comments

Popular Posts